Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July 2013 Update


Hello everyone! It's finally July and so, here's your update.

Update: July

As mentioned in an earlier post, I didn't decide to do two actress/actors of the month as it was too much for me even in the summer. I decided to do Anne Hathaway for June 2013 and for July, I am going to do Matt Damon which means that August is Emma Stone. Matt Damon has been in a lot of movies, some of which are Good Will Hunting, Saving Private Ryan, Oceans 11, and of course, the Bourne Trilogy. I will be reviewing all of those plus more this month and giving you an actor analysis at the end. I've decided to take a bread in September of the actor/actress of the month purely because my parents are getting annoyed with my constant hogging of the Netflix Queue. But don't worry, I'll be back with a list of another three of four actors/actresses in October.

This first week of July I am at a camp which means I won't be able to get to a theater which means, no review for Despicable Me 2 or The Lone Ranger although I will watch them eventually. It may be hard for me to get to a theater the next week too because I have a SAT camp that I am going to and even though its not overnight, finding time to go to a theater may be difficult.

I think enough time has passed between the season finale of Bates Motel to review it. I will also review Psycho sometime in the next two months but just a sneak peak at that review... Also, in the Television reviews will be a science-fiction/western show, and a show about a very famous detective with a pipe... Or in this case, nicotine patches.

I've decided that what this page needs is a book review and since I read a lot of books (and will be reading a lot of books this upcoming school year what with my two English classes), am going to have an occasional book review. Now these reviews may not have a movie to go with the book, and it may sometimes have a movie that goes along with the book. I'm thinking more often than both however, reviewing books before the respective movie comes out to theaters. Enders Game may wind up being reviewed.

Oh, and sorry about the Hamlet video thing I've been telling you about. My friend has not managed to get it off of her computer yet but as soon as that happens I promise some sort of trailer to go along. No, I won't post the full video. This school year however, I am thinking about doing another Shakespeare play, probably A Comedy of Errors or Taming of the Shrew.

Also, this school year, I've started a film club at my school so movie reviews may be coming up on this page that have been 1. Written by me; 2. Written by me and another person; or 3. Written entirely by another person. Just so that you know of that, I will also be posting trailers to some of the videos we film. Hopefully posting trailers... I really hope I can post trailers (because trailers are cool). Alright, well, that's all I can think of for this review... If I think of something later, I'll let you all know. 4 weeks is a lot of time and I can't wait until August's movies.

Upcoming movies:
The Lone Ranger
Pacific Rim
Red 2
The Wolverine

Oh, PS. I'm not going to go see The Conjuring. I know it looks like a legitimately cool and well done horror movie. But it looks legitimately scary and I hate scary movies as most of you know already so I'm going to skip out of that one and may review it when it comes out on DVD.
Fox out.

No comments:

Post a Comment